Pilates Classes In Cambridge
Pilates was named after its founder Joseph Pilates. It is a conditioning programme based around core stability. The focus is on:
- developing a strong centre (abdomen, back and pelvis)
- an improved range of motion and freedom of movement,
- lengthening and toning the whole body.
- greater body awareness with improved sense of balance and co-ordination
- relief from back pain and joint stress,
- increased energy levels and sense of well-being
- Pilates is also great for relieving unwanted stress and tension through relaxation and concentration.
Who is it suitable for?
Pilates is suitable for everyone, any age and any level of fitness,it's never too late to start.
Whether you are new to exercise, returning from an injury or simply adding to your current activities, the benefits of Pilates are for everyone
What is the format of a class?
Classes are one hour long and with no more than 12 participants. There is typically a warmup, main phase and a cool down section in to focus on release and relaxation.
How much is a class?
Classes cost £8.50 per person per hour (paid for as a course). One-to-one sessions cost £45 per hour.
What is core stability?
Core stability relates to the abdominal wall,pelvis,lower back and diaphragm. The diaphragm is the main muscle for breathing,so breathing is important in providing core stability. Contraction of all these muscles provides support to the spine and pelvis during movement.
In simple terms good core stability can maximise good posture and control of movement.